Saturday 15 October 2011

How to make a choice to stay positive

Hi everyone

Do you agree that life is all about choices? I certainly do. We make choices daily. Should I wear heels or should I wear flats? Should I wake up at 5:30am to exercise or should I sleep in until 7am? Should I attend a class, seminar or workshop or should I stay home and watch Operation Repo or Real Housewives of New Jersey?  Sounds familiar?
We all make these and many more choices daily and the choices we make shape our lives and impact our future. Many times we create our own problems, our own drama, our own negative situations but too many times we don’t want to take responsibility for our choices and our actions.

Blaming others will get you nowhere. I always loved the saying, ‘if you are not part of the solution; you are the part of the problem’. Many of us are our own worst enemy and accepting that fact is an important step to allow us to move forward daily.
So what about trying to change your mindset, the way you think? Yes, with the recession, things are hard. Yes, you have bills and children to take care of. Yes, dreaming big can be scary. These things are all true but dare to dream big and have a vision. Then translate your dream into reality by taking small steps or big steps to get you to where you want to be.  Seek to improve yourself in some way every day!

I look around me and I see persons who are striving for success despite the recession. I see these persons when I attend youth ambassador meetings and leadership training sessions. I see them at places like the National Conference on Youth and Development and I see them taking classes and seminars like my Personal and Professional Development Course and many others.
There is tremendous value in investing in you and there are so many opportunities to do that around us. So decide to get fit, decide to take a class, decide to get involved and decide to change your attitude towards your life and your future. Do it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment