Friday 22 February 2013

It's Blessings! Not Luck.


Hi guys


Most of you would know by now that I recently got married. It feels amazing. Nash and I are happy (full stop, no buts, no excuses, no apologies).

During the week leading up to the wedding, I was reminded about the power of our thoughts by a good friend who came to Anguilla for my wedding. She is a woman of strong faith and optimism and I feel so inspired by her. I was speaking about how happy I was, and how lucky I felt. However, even though I felt so terrific, I allowed small, sneaky negative thoughts to invade my mind. I remember joking at one point...that something could happen which could result in me not making it to my wedding.

To paraphrase, my friend said in her lovely Bajan accent, nothing is going to happen to you Shellecia. She said that I will make it safe and sound to my wedding, it will be beautiful and that Nash and I will enjoy a wonderful life together. This is indeed the power of positive thoughts. She wasn't saying that things will always be perfect but she was certainly saying to enjoy my blessings (not luck) today without worrying about what could or could not happen in the future. The future wasn't in my hands anyway. Thanks D for this lovely reminder!

How about you? Do you allow those same sneaky thoughts to steal your joy? Most of us do. We seldom allow ourselves to feel complete happiness. Today, if you get an expected or unexpected blessing, just enjoy it! Say thank you and smile.


Nash and I have certainly been saying thank you and smiling even more than usual (if that is possible)! We have chosen to say yes to today everyday and to just give thanks for the blessing of life and each other.

If you want to read more about our story and see wedding photos do visit myanguillaexperience.com.

Thanks for reading and for sharing in our happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment