Friday 21 December 2012

Remembering 2012 and seriously getting excited about 2013



Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

I am excited. Personally 2012 was a spectacular year. So many wonderful things happened during the year and I give infinite thanks.
Highlights of my year included celebrating another birth year, getting engaged (see photo below), home ownership, watching my sister graduate, fantastic vacations, teaching the Personal and Professional Development course at the Comprehensive Learning Centre to fabulous students, Presidency of the Optimist Club of Anguilla which was a great learning and growing experience and so much more.
When I asked Nash what the highlights of his year were his answer made me smile. He said they were the simple moments like 'seeing me smile, talking to his brother, waking up each day... this is why I love this man.

Photo credit - Signature7602 Studios
 
But I digress ... if you know me at all, you will know that I also get excited about something, anything big or small at least twice a day. You might hear me say

‘I am so excited to eat lunch’ or I am excited for a friend starting something new in his or her life or I am excited just because my love dropped by the office. I don’t ever want to lose my child like enthusiasm for what most would consider the mundane things in life.

So yes, even though 2012 was so spectacular, I don’t mind saying goodbye to it because I am excited about what lies ahead in 2013. If it is God’s will, I will celebrate my 30th in 2013 (woo hoo – can we say 30 and fabulousJ. I will also marry the love of my life -I am so excited! Can anyone tell how many times I said excited or some version of this word in this blog?

How about you? What makes you excited? It is the season to be jolly so don’t be a scrooge. Get excited! Get happy. I certainly am. Say Yes to getting excited today.
Let me take this opportunity to say a very WARM THANK YOU to those who have subscribed to or read my blog. I hope this blog has inspired you in some way or at the very least made you chuckle :).  To my readers in North, South and Central America, Europe, Asia, Africa, the Caribbean and of course Anguilla please do continue to read  and share in 2013 and look out for a new blog coming soon!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year or Season Greetings from 'Say Yes to Today!'

No comments:

Post a Comment