Friday 14 December 2012

My Grown up Christmas List

It is Christmas eve........How exciting!

We are called to be completely unselfish during Christmas because it is better to give than to receive…hmmmmm yeah (tries to keep serious face). So even though you and I will both be giving gifts this Christmas, I am sure there are some things we want though we may not necessarily need them. If I have a secret Santa out there, I would like a silk head scarf and silk pillowcases and a new phone and camera would be nice.

Ok now let me take off ‘the all about me’ cap and focus on the bigger picture. My desire would be for Anguilla to get out of this economic recession and for persons who are jobless to find jobs. My wish is that persons will no longer be losing their homes, land and other possessions. My hope is that everyone will heed the call to put down their weapons and stop the violence so we can regain the tranquility we were once known for. My prayer is that we will all stop to reflect on the true meaning of Christmas before getting caught up in the hustle and bustle and consumerism of the season.

Let us all just remember to add faith, hope and love to our grown up Christmas list and I am certain that the stars will shine brighter this Christmas season.
What do you hope to get from 'Santa' this year? Let me know!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment