Friday 10 May 2013

The 'Hustle.' What's your hustle?



What's your hustle?


The urban dictionary defines hustling as 'doing anything to make money even if it is a bit shady or illegal.' I'm not talking about illegal hustling. Let's make that clear. 

Hustling is nothing new to Anguilla's context but it seems that more people are adopting the 'hustle' mentality.

I seem to be hearing this word a lot more lately. Most times when I hear it though, I am pretty confident that the hustling to be done is not illegal or shady. In many cases, the hustle is something positive.

Everyone wants to do more and earn a dollar or an additional dollar. What I admire about 'the hustle' is the entrepreneurial spirit it evokes in many. I have noted more persons are using innate talents and skills whether it is singing, dancing, playing an instrument, drawing, designing etc. to make a dollar. There are more small businesses opening, more events being planned and more energy in and about the island. Kudos, to all the persons who have found a way to make an honest dollar. Just do it right.  Ensure you have the correct licenses and permission and continue to do your thing. Dream big!

I have noticed also there is another hustle going on. This hustle slowed down during the 'cold' months but now everyone is back on their 'hustle.' Yes I am talking about exercise.



The roads are buzzing, the gyms are packed and the 'Biggest Loser competitions ' and 'Boot Camps' have no shortage of participants.

I just want to remind everyone who is striving for a summer body, that proper diet and exercise should be a year round activity for our general well-being. Keep doing your thing and don't stop exercising after Carnival.

There are a lot more trainers and persons who exercise year round so even if your friends don't want to 'hustle' in December to March when it is dark and cold, don't let that stop you.

I want to shout out to our small group of year round fitness 'hustlers.' You can find us on the park three days a week from 5:30am whether it is dark without a moon or sunshiny bright like it is currently.

If you are looking for a small group to get your fitness 'hustle' on with, do send me a message.

Today, get your fitness and entrepreneurial 'hustle' on.

Don't forget to check out my website My Anguilla Experience for more interesting stories on what's going on with me in Anguilla.




No comments:

Post a Comment