Monday 8 August 2011

Do You Have What it takes to Lead?


Do you aspire to be a great leader or have you ever been inspired by an amazing leader?I am sure you answered 'yes' to both questions.
I recently attended elections for the National Youth Council. I was disappointed by the number of persons who showed up to vote and by the number of persons who put themselves forward to be elected to the Board of Directors. Most of the positions were uncontested.

Holding leadership roles and general involvement with National Youth Councils, Not for Profit Organizations, professional,  school and church organizations provide tremendous opportunities for personal and professional growth.  Enhanced confidence improved public speaking and listening skills, increased organizational capacity and leadership and team-building competencies are among the benefits of holding leadership positions.

In October, I will hold the position of President of the Optimist Club of Anguilla. I know I will experience challenges but I am excited. I believe in Optimism, I believe in what this organization does and I can’t wait to play my part to improve upon the success the club and organization have achieved.

My advice on leadership is to get involved in leadership roles early in your life. Start small, start big…it is up to you. Just start doing something today and simply observe the positive changes which will naturally occur in your life and your community.






No comments:

Post a Comment