Thursday 11 August 2011

Balance or Rebalance


A walk on the beach

I am from a beautiful Caribbean island called Anguilla. I am blessed to have 33 beautiful beaches a few minutes away from my doorstep. I love to take walks on the beach or simply sit on the sand and watch the sea.  It relaxes and balances me. I can meditate, I can pray, I can write.

I have another friend who sings to relax. Fortunately she has a beautiful voice. Unfortunately, I do not.

With all the turmoil in the world, or even in your little portion of the world, it is important to have that safe place – that activity, that thing you do which helps you to relax and to unwind.

Even while we strive for success, we have to always remember to enjoy the little and big joys life has to offer.  Reaching some defined pinnacle in your career and owning material items is important for many of us but always be wary of the cost financially, emotionally, spiritually. Those who are most happy lead balanced lives.

I am going to take my walk on the beach today. What are you going to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment