Saturday 10 September 2011

Is Your Life an Open Book?

Hi Everyone
The school year has started. As I watch the students in their uniform from the preschoolers to the sixth formers, I can’t help but smile as I recall my school days. I really enjoyed school. I had wonderful friends many of whom I am still close to. I was very involved in extra-curricular activities and I did relatively well academically.

I must say congratulations to the students who topped Cape and CSEC. You continue to make your parents and Anguilla proud. To those who worked hard and did your best in your subject areas congratulations as well! Continue to do your best!

I attended a church service earlier this week for students who were starting or returning to school. The guest speaker for the students was very good and even as an older youth the message spoke to me.

The guest speaker tried to impress on the young people that their life is like a book. He noted that every action or decision they made or will make is written in that book for anyone to read so they should try to make good choices. He said that we should all try to live a life which we would be happy to share with anyone and that of course God should be at the centre.

As I sat there, I reflected on my life thus far. Is my life an open book? Do I lean too much on my own understanding?

These are questions we should always ask ourselves. So today, take a second to look back; don’t dwell on the past though. Use the reflection as an opportunity to move forward strategically, positively and faithfully.

I certainly am!

No comments:

Post a Comment