Wednesday 14 March 2012

3 Month Challenge: I DARE YOU!


I am inspired!
Incredible stories of perseverance never cease to amaze and encourage others, even more so when these stories are witnessed in our daily life. I have a great friend who has lost over 100 pounds. I am so proud of her. Her determination, her hard work and her faith show that we can truly do anything we set our mind to. I will write a blog telling her story in the near future.

By now, you all know that I am a goal setter. Goals are dreams with a deadline. I would like you to join me in my three month challenge. I will set some goals and you will set some goals. We will check on the progress of our goals each month. So here we go! These are some of my goals for the next three months.

Goal 1 - Physical

 Develop and implement a weekly weight lifting, resistance training and strength building routine. The result should be more toned arms and increased strength and flexibility at the end of three months.

As we age, women lose muscle mass particularly if we are not active. Women are encouraged to do light weight lifting or its equivalent to build muscle.

Goal 2 - Spiritual

Engage in daily devotions. I am positive that for many of us we have the intention of doing daily devotions but somehow life gets in the way. I am so thankful for this wonderful life that I have and I need to ensure that I give God the recognition and thanks for that.

Goal 3 - Financial – Make and save X dollars over the next three months (really guys? I can’t share everything with you J)

Finances - the dreaded ‘F’ word. These days when most people talk about finances, it is to mourn and groan and complain. Yes, we do make less and yes, food prices are ridiculous. However, we do still have some control over what we spend, where we spend and on whom we spend. Take a long hard look at ‘how’ you spend and I am sure you will find there is some potential for you to save and build up that savings account.

Goal 4 - Intellectual

1)    Recruit students and complete at least two classes for my Personal and Professional Development courses.

2)    Develop and market a new course

Goal 5 - Relational

Reach out and build stronger relationships during this period to Optimist members and friends who I may not have had much contact with so far for 2012.

So there you have it guys. I have put myself and some of my goals for the next three months out here on my blog for the world to see. Please note that even though I have set a three month time limit, this does not mean that I will stop pursuing these goals after three months. That is just my initial deadline.

The three months starts on March 15th 2012 and ends on June 15th 2012.

You can choose to share your own goals with me too by posting a comment below.  Even if you don’t, do join me in my three month challenge. I DARE YOU to Say YES to this challenge today!

Wish me luck! Best of luck to you too!!! You will be great.








2 comments:

  1. Hey shelly, great post! Khara and I are psyched too, got some gym shoes today, and we're starting to work out, so step one in progress, we working on the rest too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Der and Khara - that is absolutely great. Stay psyched and motivated! I know we will see pics so we will see your progress. Good luck on all your goals.

      Delete