Wednesday 28 March 2012

No More Excuses!


Spring is in the air! Break out the swimsuits!

I know you are thinking...Shelly, really? You are probably saying it feels like 96 degrees in the shade – and that it is more like summer is in the air...I know, I know.

On the update and positive side, my small mango trees have sprouted new leaves. The grown mango tree in my front yard which did not give us any mangoes for the last few years is heavy with young grafted mangoes and my pumpkin patch is full and overflowing. If you want to buy a pumpkin, let me know.  

Spring is always associated with renewal. If you observe nature, it appears to rejuvenate itself. The grass and leaves are greener and everything just seems brighter. If you are fortunate to get showers, they are cleansing and refreshing. If you live close to the beach like  I do in Anguilla or near a lake or river, the water is warmer and more inviting!

As corny as this may sound...I have been feeling like spring...Renewed and rejuvenated. I have been praying, laughing, singing, dancing and loving.

As you saw in my three month challenge, I am tackling new self development and professional development projects which help to give that sense of renewal. In addition, I have had the opportunity to follow through and complete some activities which I wasn’t looking forward to but which went pretty well. Finally, I have confronted the pockets of frustration which have been nagging at the back of my mind...and lo and behold – I feel refreshed and renewed.

I know most of you can relate. There are areas in your life which you want to improve but excuses are holding you back. There are activities which you have to do which you may not want to do or like to do but maybe fear of failure or ridicule is holding you back. There are people or situations in your life which are frustrating you but your voice is not being heard.
Mary Mary said it best ‘Nobody told me the road would be easy, but I don’t believe he’s brought me this far, to leave me. As you ‘Say Yes to Today’, my advice is to demonstrate faith, courage and positivity in whatever you step out today to do.

A couple of people including my two lovely aunties are doing my three month challenge. Thanks aunties and others. Good luck! If you have started the challenge, we are almost two weeks in. I hope it is going well. Continue to say yes to today and constantly improve!
Remember to post a comment below. Thanks!


















1 comment:

  1. That picture screams summer but it's beautiful. Keep up the postings.

    ReplyDelete