Friday 7 December 2012

Plant a seed (2012) – Let it grow (2013)

Hi everyone


I had a fantastic vacation and I am back to Anguilla refreshed and rejuvenated. Congratulations to my sister on her graduation. Your future looks bright.

You will remember me talking about my pumpkins sometime last year.  Without any effort from me or my mother other than throwing out some pumpkin seeds our ‘garden’ produced a large number of beautiful pumpkins late last year. During that time I enjoyed pumpkin soup and pie and other pumpkin recipes and even sold a few pumpkins to the supermarket. Not surprisingly though as the dry season approached my pumpkin vine started to wither and almost died.

I am certain that many of us planted seeds during this year. We planted spiritual, emotional, social, educational, financial and even fitness seeds. We would have watched our seeds/goals/resolution start to grow. The questions now are

1)    Did our seeds grow past the initial seedling stage?

2)    Did we remember to water and fertilize our seeds/goals?

3)    Did our seeds/goals grow to full size or come to fruition because of loving care and attention?

4)    Did our seeds/goals wither or die?

As for me, there are many seeds which I planted which have flourished but there are others which barely grew past the seedling stage. Let us take a minute now though to celebrate our successes during the past year regardless of how big or small they may be (loud cheers and applause).

We also must take a moment though to reflect on the things we were unable to achieve this year. They are not failures but rather only delayed success stories. As we prepare to start another year, we should once again think about the SMART (Specific, Measurable, Action oriented, Result oriented, Time based) goals that we would like to achieve and start making plans to make them a reality.

Let your success stories of 2012 energize and fuel your passion. Say yes to a strong closure of 2012 strong and an even stronger start of 2013.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment