Wednesday 31 August 2011

How to achieve Parallel Progress in your life


I have not always been a fan of exercise. Too much work, too busy, not interested. In my late teens though, I joined the gym with a friend and yes I still disliked exercise.

I later found my niche in walking and then running. I am currently ‘training’ for the Optimist Race against Aids, a 5k walk and run in November. Please join us!

Most books on how to achieve success will tell you that if you find a balance in your relationships (work and home), take care of your physical, mental and emotional health amongst other things….you will experience success in other aspects of your life. This seems fairly reasonable. This is the essence of parallel progress. As my ability to run more laps on the park increases, I feel increasingly motivated. This enthusiasm is reflected in my attitude and my behavior towards other projects in my life.

 Many of us have unstable, querulous lives and attitudes for no discernible reason. A negative disposition and behavior usually has no benefits and will impact the level of success you will be able to achieve and maintain. Instead of progression, regression may be observed.

So today mend a broken relationship, join a gym or a book club...you know what you enjoy doing……you may be amazed at the parallel progress you see in other aspects of your life.














No comments:

Post a Comment