Tuesday 15 November 2011

Our Romantic Comedy - The rest is still unwritten..

Love is perhaps one of the hardest things to describe and thus as I write this blog...I am thinking...what am I thinking writing about love? Nevertheless...here we go.
'Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does
not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of
wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects,
always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres (Corinthians 13, 4-7).'
Like most persons, I love this scripture. I have been hearing it a lot over the last few years as I attend the weddings of family and friends. Along with many other scriptures in the bible, it is almost a recipe for a successful love, a successful marriage. Do you agree?
So, after the dress has been decided on and worn, after the venue has been decorated and used, after the food and drinks have been prepared and consumed, after the excitement of the wedding day and beautiful vows and speeches have been given....what should remain and be built upon is a Corinthians 13 love.
I like to witness love. I believe in love. I am in love. Love is a wonderful and beautiful thing. One of my favourite love songs is‘I thought I loved you then’ by Brad Paisley. Check it out and you will see why!

A word of caution

At a wedding I attended recently, my friend’s mother said to me......love and marriage should never be rushed....regardless of age or circumstance.  She said 'it might take a long time to find that person you want to spend the rest of your life with but at the end it would be worth the wait.’
I totally agreed with her as she shared these nuggets of wisdom. Some people find their true love at an early age or realise that they are in love quickly after meeting someone. Others find their true love in their evening years or choose to take time to allow their love to develop and grow before marriage....it does not matter which path you choose but at the end of the day...what matters is that both of you are totally and completely happy and secure in your love.
To my sweetie, I love you.
Today, don’t miss out on the opportunity to say ‘I love you’ to the special person in your life. I just did J.

6 comments:

  1. this is great Shelly very profound!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good writing cuz. There is a lot I realise I don't know about you and hopefully will address that in the future.
    Ardel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ardel. lol well I look forward to that. We really should catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. True words Shelly! I really enjoyed reading that :-)

    Lisa Rey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Lisa. I look at you and yours and I see the same...May 2012 be a great year for both of you.

    ReplyDelete