Thursday 19 January 2012

Develop Healthy Habits Today!


WHO AM I?

So, I was organising myself for the classes I teach and I came across this poem from a youth leadership training I attended.

Coming across motivational quotes I may have jotted down or hearing an inspiring speech or song in passing always helps to put a little extra in my step and a bit more oomph in my desire to achieve. How about you? What makes you smile? What makes you think that you can go the distance only if you try a little harder? If you don’t have an answer some serious personal reflection is in order. If you do, try to make that activity or event a daily part of your life. This poem helped me to reflect on my goals, one of which is to post blog entries more regularly.

Allow me to share the poem which resulted in this blog entry.

WHO AM I?

I am your constant companion.

I am your greatest helper or heaviest burden.

I will push you onward or drag you down to failure.

I am completely at your command.

Half the things I do you might just as well turn over to me

and I will do them quickly and correctly.


I am easily managed – you must merely be firm with me

Show me exactly how you want something done

And after a few lessons I will do it automatically.

I am the servant of all great individuals and alas,

Of all failures as well.

Those who are great, I have made great.

Those who are failures, I have made failures.
 

I am not a machine,

Though I work with all the precision of a machine

plus the intelligence of a human.

You may run me for a profit or run me for ruin

It makes no difference to me.


Take me, train me, be firm with me,

and I will place the world at your feet.

Be easy with me and I will destroy you.

Who Am I?

I AM HABIT


So, if you are still making excuses for why you have not started exercising, spending more time with your loved ones or not achieving your SMART Goals that you set just three weeks ago, do break that HABIT Today. I am creating a new habit of making time for my blog because I love to write and I love talking to you.

You too can Say Yes to Today and start a new habit of positivity today. I am an Optimist but it is still a habit I have to cultivate. I’ve learned that sometimes it’s this simple JUST DO IT!

Photo – Junior Optimist Octagon International...I may look just as young as these guys but I was an Advisor! Smile more, look younger. Do it today!

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting post cuz. Funny enough, I was thinking of habits lately because of something preached on in church. I believe habits can really be helpful or become a hindrance as well, but the key is sometimes identifying where we have developed bad habits and admitting to them. I think that is an area we all struggle with. Anyway, good to see you are keeping up the blogging and a good way for me to get up to date on what's going on in your mind!

    Ardel

    P.s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ard. Thanks for your comment. I agree that habits can make or break us just as we can make or break a habit with God's help. I do agree! Thanks for reading and I will continue to strive to keep posts relevant and interesting.

    ReplyDelete